November 10 , 2020 Posted by admin
Innovative brand development is very important in today’s world, if you want to stand out from the crowd. An important aspect of that is to know who your customers are, so that you can target those who actually require or desire your product or service. After identifying your customer, the next step is to communicate your message to them in the easiest and clearest way possible. A customer, who knows who you are and what you stand for, is going to come to you himself or herself.
In short, to create a successful brand presence, you need to stand out from the crowd, target your true audience, and communicate your message clearly.
Brand Development means to create a proper message about your company, product or service. That message will consist of brand name, company logo, slogans and many more, which combined will represent your brand.
Brand development helps the customer look at your brand they exact way you want them to perceive it. Brand development can be broken down into three stages:
There are many brand development companies out there, which specialize in different kinds and levels of businesses. Hiring a reputed company to develop your brand may be the best option, but only if you can afford the costs. The brand development manager assigned to you will take point on all aspects of developing your brand such as logo designs and marketing strategies, and will try their best to make it as successful and popular as possible.
However, if you are just starting out, you might need to do a lot of the legwork yourself. Read on to know the tips that are important for successful brand development.
– Have a proper logo designed professionally, but do not complicate it overly. Try to keep the logo as simple as possible. It should have simple and easy to remember design and colors. The aim is to boost its memorability, and research shows that simpler designs and colors tend to stay in your mind even with a single glance.
The best solution is to hire a professional branding agency to create your logo. Sometimes, the customer has a basic idea for their logo, but do not worry if you do not. The agency will design some logo examples, and then help you choose the best fit.
If you cannot afford a professional agency, a cheaper option might be to hire a freelance designer to do it, but be aware that you will get what you pay for.
– Know your customer, but do not try to be a jack-of-all-trades. Find a niche and stick to it. You will find it is easier to succeed in that niche, before expanding into other niches. Competing across multiple niches, with different target demographics, and against a whole of competitors is like signing your brand’s death warrant.
First, to find the relevant customer demographic requires you to create a fictional customer based on market data and existing customer data. This fictional customer is a buyer persona, and it will help you finalize and target the right audience.
– Look for inspiration from competing brands, but do not just copy them blatantly. Study what makes them more successful, how they keep themselves more relevant than you do.
To do that, you need to study your competitor’s brand identity, their product and how it differs from yours, the user experience of their website, the relevance of their social media accounts, advertising channels and the quality of the content they publish. Only then can you create a strategy to surpass them.
– Create a slogan or a catchy tagline for your brand, but make sure its short. The purpose is to condense the essence of your brand into a short phrase, such as McDonald’s “I’m lovin’ it” or Taco Bell’s “Live Mas”. If you look at any of these examples, just the words alone have nothing to do with the brand itself, but the slogan has been associated with the brand in such a way that just hearing it brings the brand and its values to mind.
– Finally, boost your brand, as much as you can. No need to be shy. Promotion is key to success. No matter how catchy your slogan, or how memorable your logo, or how innovative your product or service, if the potential customer does not know about it, they will not be able to buy it.
Building a simple and user-friendly website is a great way to boost brand awareness. Pair that with a good marketing strategy to bring traffic to your site, and you are well on your way to boosting your brand.
To summarize, no matter how innovative or cutting edge your product, if you do not work on your brand’s image, it will not bear any fruit. Therefore, when starting out in the world of business, you need to set aside a budget for brand awareness as well.
Also Read: 5 Types Of Branding Strategies